Tuesday, October 29, 2013

New Beginnings

Wow! It's been a long time since my last post!! With a site bug that didn't allow me to post, and a super hectic schedule I've let my blog fall to the wayside. Well with the bug seemingly gone, and my schedule now calmed a bit, I'm ready to blog as long as God sees fit :)

As of Firday October 25, 2013 I am no longer a minor; that's right I'm 18!!!!!! Wow, I truly cannot believe it! Whether I'm applying for a job, or going on a mission trip, the fact that my signature and my signature alone is enough really hasn't sunk in for me yet. I'm still so used to all the years I lived under my parents, with them having the ultimate say so in my life, it's weird to think that I'm an adult and it's time for me to start making my own decisions. Now don't get me wrong, my parents still have a lot of influence and say so in my decisions, (their opinions are very important and near and dear to my heart), but at the same time I am now grown and it's time for me to excercise the things that they've taught me; and I must admit it's a little scary. I'm so used to asking my mom what to do and her telling me what to do, and me doing exactly what she told me to do; but instead of her giving me step by step blueprints, she now tells me to pray and ask God what to do, and I must now make my own decisions with His guidance. It's beginning to sink in that all the years I was a child/minor I leaned heavily on my parents, which is what God wanted me to do, and they taught me the things that God wanted them to teach me; but now it's time for their role to diminish somewhat, and for God to increase. As a child I was still learning thus I was unable to make any kind of decision without my parents, as an adult now I have been given the tools that my parents had to give and now it's time for them to let me go; it's time for me to lean completely om God without them as crutches. Am I still learning from them, of course! I will always be learning from them, it's simply time for the apron strings to be cut, and for me to learn to fly with only God to catch me if I fall. For how else am I to truly know, love, and understand how great and powerful my God truly is if my parents are always blocking the view? So now I realize it's time for my new beginning to start; is it a little scary, of course! The unknown always is! But it's time for me to step out of my comfort zone, and you know what, the fear is melting away; do you know why? Because God is reaching out His hand, and I am finally ready to take it. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5,6 -Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment